TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Michelin is pleased to welcome you to this Website (here in after “Site”). As used in this Agreement, the terms “you” and ‘your” refer to a visitor of this Site and the terms “Michelin”, “us”, “our” and “we” refer to Michelin Asia (Singapore) Co. Pte. Ltd. and its affiliates, sister and parent entities.
- Please read the terms set out hereunder carefully before consulting this Site. By proceeding with the use of this Site or any of its links or services, you will be deemed to have consented to the terms set out hereunder.
- If you do not agree with the terms set out hereunder, please exit and do not view this Site.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove terms set out hereunder at any time. The terms set out here under may be modified occasionally, so kindly check this page regularly. You agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If you do not agree to the changes, you should not use the Site and you should arrange to cancel any registered user account or subscription (if any) with us.
a. Unless otherwise specified, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and display the Site and the material provided hereon, for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you comply fully with the provisions of the. You also understand that the information shared with you is for your personal use only and may not be suitable or applicable to others.
b. In our sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, we may discontinue, modify or alter any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to (i) restricting the time the Site is available, (ii) restricting the amount of use permitted (iii) restricting or terminating any user's right to use the Site and/or any services, and (iv) restricting or modifying in any manner, any services that are available on the Site. You agree that any termination or cancellation or modification of your access to or use of the Site may be affected without prior notice.
c. If you do not abide by the terms set out hereunder, except as we may otherwise provide from time to time, you agree that we may immediately stop your visit to the Site and/or bar any further access to our Site (or part thereof). Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of your access to or use of our Site.
d. You agree that the Site shall only be used in a reasonable and lawful manner and that communications will not be obscene, indecent or offensive in any way. You agree to refrain from conduct, on the Site or in connection with the Site, that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability, or constitute a violation of any law or regulation.
f. You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) that may arise from your postings, or from your use of material obtained through the Site, or from your breach of this Agreement, or from your use of the terms set out hereunder.
g. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND ANY ADVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND MICHELIN OR EMPLOYEES OR DIRECTORS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY MATERIAL ON THE SERVICE.
WHILE EVERY CARE IS TAKEN, MICHELIN OR EMPLOYEES OR DIRECTORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED.
NEITHER MICHEILN OR EMPLOYEES OR DIRECTORS, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS IN THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED AT THIS SITE IS OF GENERAL NATURE. TIRE USAGE RECOMMENDATIONS MAY BE AFFECTED BY FACTORS SUCH AS GEOGRAPHIC LOCALE, VEHICLE AGE AND CONDITION, AND PERSONAL DRIVING HABITS. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR AUTHORISED MICHELIN DEALER OR REPRESENTATIVE BEFORE MAKING ANY PURCHASING DECISIONS.
MICHELIN OR EMPLOYEES OR DIRECTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUFFERED OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITE, INCLUDING VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
h. The Site contains copyrighted materials, content, trademarks, and other proprietary information including, but not limited to, photos, graphics, text, software, music, sound and videos. Michelin owns all Intellectual Property rights in the collective and entire work placed on the Site. You are prohibited from, and agree not to publish, copy, or in any way exploit, any of the content of the Site, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, publication, or commercial exploitation of material accessed or downloaded from the Site will be permitted without the express written consent of Michelin. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights by copying or downloading copyrighted material. You hereby grant to Michelin a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and display any content posted on the Site by you, in whole or in part. The items presented on this Site may be modified without notice and are provided with no guarantee whatsoever, whether express or implied, and may not give rise to any right to compensation.
i. The alteration and modification of content or its use for a purpose other than that authorised constitute an infringement of Michelin’s or third parties’ proprietary rights. Within the limits set out below, Michelin grants you the right to download and circulate the content (i) when the downloading function exists, (ii) for non-commercial purposes, (iii) in good faith, and (iv) while retaining intact the proprietary information or the website publishing date shown on the content. This right may not, under any circumstances, be interpreted as a license, in particular a trademark or logo license.
j. You agree that the jurisdiction for any legal action or proceeding in relation to the use of this shall be Singapore. You expressly agree to submit to the venue of courts at Singapore.
k. If any provision of the terms set out hereunder or portion thereof shall be declared invalid for any reason, the invalid provision or portion thereof shall be deemed omitted and the remaining terms shall be given full force and effect.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.michelin.com.sg. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use and which can be found on this page.
www.michelin.com.sg is a site operated by Michelin Asia (Singapore) Co. Pte. Ltd. (we or us). We are registered in Singapore and we have our registered office at 78 Shenton Way #23-01 & #24-02 Singapore 079120
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards which are set out below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use contained on this page
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.