(1) Legal limit: 1,6mm, subject to regular wear of your tyres and compliance with the recommendations of the tyre and car manufacturers. If in doubt, consult a specialist. European Directive 89/459/CEE.
(2) The following tyre lines are designed to offer high level of longevity and performance that lasts: MICHELIN CrossClimate², MICHELIN CrossClimate 2 SUV, MICHELIN Primacy 4+, MICHELIN e.Primacy, MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S, MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5, MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV, MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV, MICHELIN Alpin 6 and MICHELIN Pilot Alpin 5.
(3) "Last mile" being understood as until the minimum legal tread depth (1.6 mm in Europe). Please refer to the minimum legal tread depth in your country.
(4) Wet braking at worn state - External tests conducted by TÜV SÜD Product Service, at Michelin's request, between 80-20 kph, in June 2021, on dimension 205/55 R16 91V on VW Golf 8 (worn means when worn at machine (buffed) to the depth of Tread Wear Indicator according to European regulation: ECE R30r03f) comparing MICHELIN Primacy 4+ (31,5m) versus BRIDGESTONE TuranzaT005 (36,4m); CONTINENTAL Premium Contact 6 ( 35,3m); GOODYEAR EfficientGrip Performance 2 ( 35,5m)
Results may vary according to road and weather conditions.
(5) Braking on wet roads for summer tyres, braking and traction on snow and wet roads for all-season and winter tyres and road handling or grip on track for sport tyres.
(6) Data from the Ernst & Young report entitled “Planned obsolescence is not inevitable” (May 2017).
(7) According to internal calculations made at Ladoux (Technology Center, Clermont-Ferrand, France): technical bulletin dated September 27, 2016, on raw materials, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions linked to early replacement of passenger car tyres.