Passenger Car & Light Truck Warranty
MICHELIN promises to deliver the very best. And with over a century of designing tyres, we back that promise. Our tyres are made to meticulous quality standards. That’s why every tyre designed and manufactured by MICHELIN, is warranted by MICHELIN. Discover the MICHELIN six-year warranty today.
What is Covered and for How Long
MICHELIN Passenger Car and Light Truck tyres, used in normal service and in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warnings of MICHELIN, are covered by a warranty against defects in design, workmanship and materials subject to the conditions set out below.
a. Tyres sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date
Where the tyres are sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
b. Tyres sold 3 years after the manufacturing date
Where the tyres are sold 3 years after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
At the end of the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above, all warranties, express or implied are terminated. The original usable tread pattern is the original pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators – 1.6mm of tread pattern remaining. Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyres were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tyre sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture.
What is not covered
Tyres which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty:
• road hazard injury (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not);
• incorrect mounting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair;
• under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance or other abuse;
• mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment resulting in uneven or rapid wear;
• tyres fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels;
• vehicles which are carrying loads or running at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tyre sidewalls or that recommended for the vehicles;
• tyres purchased second hand;
• improper storage;
• tyres which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations of the manufacturer as published from time to time;
• accident, fire, chemical explosion, tyre alteration or vandalism;
• tyres purchased from unauthorised dealers; and
• climatic or ozone effects.
Conditions and Exclusions
Where the tyre becomes unserviceable due to a condition within the terms of this warranty, MICHELIN may at its option repair the tyre, supply an equivalent tyre as replacement, reimburse the value of the tyre based on the remaining tread depth or offer such other form of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy.
This warranty does not provide compensation for service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential
damage insofar as the law permits.
Tyres presented to an authorized MICHELIN Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and MICHELIN accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to
tyres which are in the custody or control of an authorized MICHELIN Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tyres accepted by an authorized MICHELIN Dealer for compensation become the property of MICHELIN. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No authorized MICHELIN Dealer, representative or employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement that in any way varies the terms of this warranty. Except as expressly provided for in this warranty, all other implied warranty, guarantee, representation, promise or agreement and liability arising from breach of the foregoing are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY IN SINGAPORE.